You definitely want to lose weight, but you have tried every fad diet in the book and still no results. How is it possible to quickly lose weight but still manage to be healthy at the same time?
You have tried the Atkins diet, South Beach diet, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, etc. and still no results. I am sure you have become discouraged and you are ready to give up hope that you will ever lose weight. Don’t give up hope. There is another potential diet you may consider trying.
The raw food diet is said to provide you with quick weight loss results.
What is the raw food diet?
These are foods that are organic. Most of the foods are not to be cooked. If you are going to cook on the raw food diet they cannot be hotter than 116 degrees, since heat can destroy all the important nutrients and enzymes in the food.
Keep in mind, meats and dairies are not a part of the raw food diet, so it will take some getting used to if these foods were originally a big part of your diet.
You may be thinking at this point–what in the world can I eat if I can no longer enjoy meat and dairy?
* Fruits and vegetables that are fresh are highly important.
Make sure that they are thoroughly washed before preparing.
* Nuts, seeds, and grains. These ingredients can be a nice touch to a variety of raw food diet recipes.
* Dried fruits. Dried apricots give a nice sweet flavor and can be an enjoyable snack. Most grocery stores and health food stores offer dried apricots, prunes, raisins, etc.
* Water that has been purified (not tap water). It is recommended you buy bottled water, distilled or spring water. This is healthier than drinking from the tap.
* No dairy products—only milk from a fresh, young coconut.
* Juices that are freshly made. Purchasing a juicer makes
* Basically all organic foods that have not been processed can be a part of the raw food diet.
With these foods in general, it’s important to follow special techniques and guidelines to see actual weight loss results.
It’s also important to soak all dried fruits and nuts. Make sure you sprout the seeds, beans, and grains. If you do choose to cook, it can only be done with a dehydrator. The temperature will never go above 116 degrees.
Other ways you can properly prepare your food on the raw food diet is to juice your fruits and vegetables blend your foods—such as the nuts, seeds and grains—and chop your ingredients. When on the raw food diet, you will not be allowed to buy fruit juices from stores, since they are usually not 100% natural or have added sugars.
Naturally, juicing the fruit will give you no worries as to what other ingredients are involved and if there is added sugar.
What you see is what you get and this is very beneficial to your health.
Benefits of the Raw Food Diet
Why are people deciding to go on the raw food diet? There are enzymes in raw foods that help to properly digest foods which are very important in our health. Proper digestion aids in weight loss goals. Eating unhealthy foods full of starch and fats can cause poor regularity and constipation which can eventually lead to health problems.
Cooking food can take out all the important enzymes and nutrients that our bodies need, which in all reality, does make a lot of sense, since the foods are all natural this way. Cooking food only adds more negative results, like adding fats and carbohydrates that are not necessarily good—especially for your heart.
Keep in mind this does not include raw meat, since obviously, there are huge health risks when eating
undercooked or raw meats. Meats are not a part of the raw food diet; though there are meat substitutes that you may want to consider like tofu and vegetarian burgers. These are known to taste, feel, and smell like actual meat products.
You may be asking what the raw diet can actually do for you besides potentially quicken weight loss. Here’s a short list:
* When you consume a healthy diet such as this, you may begin to see a boost in your energy level. Who needs coffee, when you have a healthier alternative to give you added energy for the day?
* Your skin will appear healthier, since you are not ingesting unhealthy foods which only cause your skin to break out or even appear dull with no apparent glow.
* Eating healthier provides greater benefits for your heart, which can reduce your chances of acquiring heart disease.When you are continuously feeding your body with food that do more harm than good, your body will eventually react to this, resulting in decreased energy levels and poor health.
Our bodies are like machines: we need to manage and maintain them properly or they will fail.
When first starting out on any diet, you, of course, may see side effects—especially in the first few weeks, since your body is going through adjustment periods. Your body will need to discipline itself as well as detox anything you may have consumed prior to the diet.
Because your body was used to certain foods, it will not want to cooperate with a new diet; however, discipline, control, and commitment can help you achieve these goals.
Some side effects you may experience on the raw food diet may be:
* Headaches: these are very common when changing your eating habits.
* You may feel nauseous from time to time; this may be from the detoxing process.
* You may battle mild depression or even agitation and crankiness.
All of these side effects are temporary and will cease in due time. Again, your body needs time to adjust to a new way of living, especially when on the raw food diet. It may be advisable to communicate with someone who has experienced these types of changes when going on a diet.
You may consider talking to a nutritionist before going on the raw food diet to achieve your weight loss goals. Some nutritionists say that this type of diet limits foods that our bodies need like meat, potatoes, and other foods. These type of foods offer vitamins that our essential to our health.
You can reduce diseases and cancers, however, when eating raw foods that are rich with fiber. Not eating meats and processed carbohydrates may lead to nutritional deficiencies such as iron and calcium, which are so very important for our bodies. Dairies are not allowed on the raw food diet, which could be a problem.
If you decide to go with the raw food diet, here are some important things to consider:
1. You will need to carefully plan all of your meals and make sure you include all the important nutrients that your body needs to survive and be healthy. It is advisable to take a multi-vitamin or some sort of supplement to reinforce and add nutrients you may be lacking.
2. Be prepared that when deciding to go raw, you will need to buy certain appliances that reinforce your foods being raw.
3. You will need a juicer for your fruits and vegetables, since these are the only types of juices you will be allowed to consume, since they are all natural and organic.
4. Consider a blender to blend your nutrients.
5. To cut down your chopping time, you may want to consider a food processor, since this can also be easier.
6. Buy airtight containers to soak and sprout all of your nuts, beans, and grains; and use containers to store the sprouts.
How do you properly follow the raw food diet?
If you really desire to lose weight, it is important to follow these raw food guidelines and techniques. If you follow them properly, you will see weight loss results much more quickly. Be sure you follow some sort of exercise regimen while on a diet, since these two work together.
Also, be sure to consult your physician before starting any new diet and exercise program. This way they can determine if your body is a right fit for this type of diet and program.
If your doctor gives you the go ahead to start the raw food diet for your weight loss goals, here is a good way to begin:
* Be sure to have salads and fruit throughout the day. You can cook your vegetable meals. Starting off slowly is getting your body ready for this new change instead of just jumping right into the diet.
* You can go online to find your raw food diet recipes or even raw diet cook books. There are plenty of raw food diet recipes available for you to choose from, so that you are not overwhelmed.
Here is one recipe you may consider while trying to achieve your weight loss goals:
Do you have to say goodbye to sweet treats and desserts?
The answer to this question is “not necessarily.” There are raw food dessert recipes available which won’t undo your whole day.
Do you love Apple Pie? If so, don’t despair. There are “raw food” recipes that you can use to create apple pie. It won’t be the same dessert you’re used to, but it will still taste great and provide you with a reasonable substitute.
How about for the holidays—will you have to say goodbye to pumpkin Pie?
Though you cannot have the typical homemade pumpkin pies your mom used to make, you can have them in the raw food diet version, but offering the pumpkin taste.
Some of the people that have been on the raw food diet have proven to be healthy and surprisingly have strong bones. Bone thinning is a big concern amongst physicians, since the diet doesn’t allow dairy.
If you too are concerned about bone thinning while on the raw food diet, take a calcium supplement; this can ease your mind that your body is getting the calcium it needs.
As you can see, the raw food diet has its advantages as well as its disadvantages. If you are still uncertain if the raw food diet is for you or not; it may be best to just give it a try for a few weeks to see how your body responds.
Weight loss results are not typical with everyone. Just like with any diet and exercise program, the raw food diet takes the maximum amount of dedication and commitment possible. If you go into it only half heartedly, be prepared to not see full results—especially in your weight loss goals.
It may be advisable to keep track of your goals on a weekly basis to see if you have indeed lost weight or even notice a change in energy levels and digestion.